- Consequences of Imprisonment on Criminal Activity: A Qualitative Study on Romanian Offenders, paper presented at the 13th Annual Conference of the European Society of Criminology: “Beyond Punitiveness: Crime and Crime Control in Europe in a Comparative Perspective”,Budapest, Hungary, 4-7 September 2013.Organizers: European Society of Criminology, in partnership with ELTE University, Faculty of Law, Department of Criminology and Hungarian Society of Criminology (http://www.eurocrim2013.com/)
- Collateral Consequences of Imprisonment on Offenders’ Lives. A Focus on Inmates’ Relationships with their Families, paper presented at the International Conference “Tradition and Reform. Second Edition. Social Reconstruction of Europe”, Bucharest, Romania, 7-8 November 2013.Organizers: Lumen Association, Lumen Publishing House, Lumen Research Center in Social and Humanistic Sciences. Main partner: Institute of Sociology, Romanian Academy; in collaboration with MEDIMOND Monduzzi Editore International Proceedings Division (http://tradition-reform.info/)
- Effects of Imprisonment on Institutional Misconduct of Romanian Male Prisoners, presented at the 14th Annual Conference of the European Society of Criminology “Criminology of Europe: Inspiration by Diversity”, Prague, Czech Republic, 10-13 September 2014. Organizers: European Society of Criminology, in partnership with Czech Society of Criminology and Charles University.
- Predictors of Institutional Misbehavior in Romanian Prisons, paper presented at Lumen International Scientific Conference “Transdisciplinarity and Communicative Action. Fifth Edition”, Târgoviște, Romania, 21-22 November 2014. Organizers: Lumen Research Center in Social and Humanistic Sciences, Lumen Publishing House and Lumen UK, in partnership with Valahia University of Târgoviște, Faculty of Political Sciences, Letters and Communication, Research Center in Political Sciences and Communication, Târgoviște, Romania; Higher Education Research and Consulting Company, USA; Faculty of Philosophy and Social and Political Sciences within “Al. I. Cuza” University from Iasi; Faculty of Law within “Mihail Koganiceanu” University from Iasi; Faculty of Law and the Legal Research Center within “Petre Andrei” University from Iasi.
- Effects of Imprisonment on Offenders’ Lives, workshop aimed to disseminate the results of the current postdoctoral research project.Institute of Sociology, Bucharest, 2nd of October.
11-25 September 2013: Documentation stage at the University of Cambridge Library and at the Radzinowicz Library of the Institute of Criminology, University of Cambridge, UK.
07 October – 07 November 2013: Visiting scholar at the Department of Criminology, Institute of Criminal Law and Criminology, Leiden University, The Netherlands.
07 – 18 July 2014: Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis and Collection. Courses: (1) Mathematics for Social Scientists Part I, 15 hrs. (Dr. Chris Saker); (2) Applying Regression, 35 hrs. (Dr. Jeremy Miles).
24 May – 12 July 2015: Documentation stage atthe University of Cambridge Library and Radzinowicz Library of Cambridge Institute of Criminology, UK.
- 12 June: visits to Norwich Prison and Bure Prison
- Attendance at four of the seminars heldunder the Penology Program at Cambridge Institute of Criminology: 29June:Penal Power and Penal Pains (Dr. Ben Crewe); 03 July: Prisoners’ Families (Dr. Caroline Lanskey); 06 July: Prisoner Adaptation, Social Life and Culture (Dr. Ben Crewe); 9 July: Political Economy, Penal Policy and Prison Population (Dr. Ben Crewe).